UKM Conclaves presents (a UK Masquerade event):-
All details are subject to change.
The 17th Annual UKM Weekender details
- 15th to 17th November 2013
- St Briavels Castle Youth Hostel
- Church Street
- St Briavel’s
- GL15 6RG
Though it poses as a Youth Hostel these days, the castle was built in 1206 and at various times has been an armoury, a royal hunting lodge and a prison. Accommodation is in bunk rooms (bedding provided) and we will be self-catering. The bad news is that the castle can only hold 70 people so you will need to book early to ensure a place.
St Briavels is a small village on the Gloucester side of the Welsh border.
From the south, head for the older of the two Severn Bridges (M48) and at the first junction over the bridge, turn north onto the A466, then at the next roundabout take the third exit onto the A48 for Chepstow. Follow the A48 till about half a mile after it crosses the river Wye then take the first left (B4228).You will follow this road as it winds along the Wye valley for about 8 miles. Take care at Tutshill where the B4228 makes a sharp right at the first of a double roundabout (signposted to St Briavel's before the turn). About 7 miles after Tutshill, turn off to the left at the junction signed for St Briavels (High St), ignoring earlier signs for St Briavel's Common (you need to watch out - the turn off is poorly signposted and quite tight). Follow the High Street till it starts to bend round to the right and take the next left (Church St). The Castle is on the left.
From the Midlands and north, head for Gloucester and take the A48 round to the north of the city. Follow the A48 south-west along the Severn valley as far as Lydney then turn right onto the B4231. Follow this till it meets the B4228 (turn left), follow this road south for about 2 miles then turn off to the right signed for St Briavels (East St). Follow East St till it branches right into Church St. The Castle is on the left.
For those who insist on relying on these newfangled SatNav thingies, the postcode is GL15 6RG but be sure to add a ‘via’ through Tutshill or you may end up taking a very tortuous route through the small roads of the Welsh marches!
Terms of Booking
The cost of the event is £65, full payment to be made before 17th October 2013 (list of who's booked & what people still owe below). Follow this link to book via the web page.
Included in this price are:-
- Overnight accommodation Friday and Saturday night.
- All game sessions
Sorry, but breakfasts are no longer included in the price so you will need to make sure you bring ALL your own food for the weekend though we'll be making tea/coffee and some snacks available.
PLEASE READ THIS : 1) in the event of more people wanting to book than there are places available, names will be put on a standby list in the order in which they're received.
2) unless you are paying by Paypal subscription you MUST pay for your ticket IN FULL before the final payment deadline (17th October) or your booking will be cancelled and offered to the next person on the standby list. Any money you've paid will be refunded minus the £10 deposit.
Deposits and balances can be paid by cash, cheque, postal order or credit card via Paypal.
1. You may only bring into play a character drawn up in accordance with the rules and constitution of UK Masquerade.
2. You must accept that the event Story Tellers have final say over which characters may be allowed in play and may veto any character or item brought to the event in the interests of the game.
3. Before an event: The event organisers may bar from the event any individual whose attendance they consider likely to be detrimental. Any fees paid in advance of this decision will be refunded.
4. During an event: A player whose behaviour is deemed to be disruptive and prejudicial to the enjoyment of the event by the other attendees may be expelled from the event. The decision will be taken in consultation with the attendant officers of UK Masquerade and any officer of the player's home club who is present. Final authority on all such decisions will lie with the event organisers. All fees paid will be forfeit.
5. Play at events is subject to the rules and discipline of UK Masquerade.