A character has three states of health: Healthy; Injured; Incapacitated.
- The character operates normally.
- A character becomes ‘injured’ once they have suffered a level of damage.
- For every level of damage a character suffers they take a cumulative one trait penalty in challenges (i.e. at 1 level of damage they are at a one trait penalty, at 2 a two trait penalty & so on).
- A character suffering injured wound penalties may spend a Willpower at any point to ignore them for the remainder of the round.
- A character becomes incapacitated when they have taken seven levels of damage.
- They fall unconscious for at least 5 minutes.
- An incapacitated character cannot initiate challenges.
- They can spend blood to heal.
- An incapacitated character who takes further damage can spend blood above their generational per-round limit to immediately heal that damage in order to prevent themselves from entering torpor.
- If a character is incapacitated and also has no blood left in their system for healing; then takes a further point of damage they are driven into a state known as Torpor.